Thursday, April 15, 2010

Final Stretch

It is now Friday and it's officially my last week here in Spain. At 1pm, Nery and Danny arrive in Malaga. I have some things planned for us to do, but hopefully the weather holds and we get to spend time enjoying the weather.

I actually planned a trip to Sevilla for Monday and Tuesday thinking it would be a fun place to go that is relatively close. Turns out that Feria starts on Monday in Sevilla and is basically their version of Carnival or Mardi Gras. Pretty damn lucky if you ask me. So I'm really excited about that and then also showing them around the area I've been living for three months.

Tomorrow we have our last game of the season as well. We play the Barcelona Bufals for the second time. This time it's at home and they have to deal with the 12 hour bus ride. This is the team that beat us by 5 points which eventually led to the collapse of our season. So we some unfinished business one might say.

We have a solid gameplan and are really excited about playing them, because we are expecting over 20 players. With those kind of numbers for us, comes a legitimate shot at winning... While I know there is a 99% chance that no one sees this before Saturday if ever, I do not want to reveal our gameplan. This is probably just ridiculous, but some guys on a few of the teams we play have added me on Facebook and also, you can find this blog if you google search the Marbella Sharks and probably Barcelona Bufals too. I can't afford to give away any advantages to deciphering the artistry that is going to take place on Saturday. Haha. But seriously, we're all very excited. We had two good practices this week and everyone really wants to finish up with a win.

We'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK MATTHEW!

    And, I hope the Iceland Volcano hasn't affected Nery and Daniel's travel plans!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad lucky, I never see a team retired before the end of the game in the LNFA. I wait that don't remember Spain for the final chaos of your team, I think that for a player of a country where de Football is near to be a Religion, this situation must be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck & Have fun Matt!!
    It's been fun reading about your trip, can't believe it's the end of the season - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete